Friday 3 January 2014


Harriet  Riddell.
 Textile artist who works predominately using free machine embroidery  completed this work called London Living in November 2012 using embroidery over the top of newspaper collage.
 


 
Harriet works from observation onto cloth and takes her sewing machine anywhere!
This was completed at the New Designers One Year on in Islington in July 2013.
Harriet says..."Here is the stitches I created narrating:  Day one  everyone getting their space together, painting, sticking, screwing and hammering…"
 
 


This is Harriet in May 2013...  
 
She says..."Because my birthday is in May and I love the bluebells, what better to do the portrait in the bluebell woods. I went to the woods anyway and stitched a few fantasy-bells in my portrait.
To see more of her lovely work go to http://institchyou.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment